Frequently asked questions
We do our best to answer the most commonly asked questions here in our FAQ section. Should you not find an answer to your question, then feel free to contact us. We typically respond to your inquries within 24 hours.
Car-parts.co.za is a South African-founded company based in Switzerland. We specialise in organising and transporting replacement car parts to almost anywhere in the world. Actually, we deliver to any of the over 220 countries and territories serviced by DHL.
We get your replacement car parts directly from the European manufacturers and distribute them to you or your chosen fitting partner. We are brand neutral, so we supply parts for any European make of car.
- Go to our “Get a quote” page.
- Fill in your name and address as well as the basic information about your car. We also need either a part number (available from your local garage or dealer) or a very detailed explanation of what you require.
- Once we have your information, we will then return a quote to you, usually within 24 hours on working days.
- When you accept the quoted price for the part, including shipping, then pay us with PayPal using the link included in our quote. PayPal accept bank transactions as well as most major credit cards.
- On receipt of payment we order your part and send it directly to you, or to the party nominated by you (your fitting specialist for example) with DHL. Your shipment is fully ensured.
This depends on how soon your payment is completed. We aim to ship your part to you within 7 working days of payment being received. Sometimes due to customs clearance or reasons beyond our control, this may take as long as 14 days.
Yes, we use DHL. As soon as your order has been shipped, we email you a tracking number, which you can use on http://www.dhl.com/en.html
It is very difficult to diagnose a problem with your car without seeing it. However, if you have an error printout from your garage, then feel free to send it to us and our experts will take a look. We can’t guarantee a solution though.
We are happy to work directly with your dealer to coordinate the delivery and fitting. Please send us the relevant contact information and we’ll do the rest. However, you’ll still have to make the payment for your replacement car parts directly to us.
It is essential that you order the correct parts. Once you have accepted our quote and your order is in transit, we can no longer cancel it or refund your purchase.